Terms & Conditions of New Clients Welcome Offer
Promotional period: from 5 September 2022 to 30 September 2022 (both dates inclusive).
Exclusive welcome offers for new clients
- 1.5% P.A. interest on uninvested cash balance with 6 currencies to choose from
- HKD $200 Wellcome voucher
The exclusive welcome offers will be rewarded in the specific ways as below:
- All interest will be accrued and deposited directly into client's securities account
- Wellcome voucher will be sent by post
1.5% P.A. interest on uninvested cash balance with 6 currencies to choose from
1. New clients who complete online opening of Global Margin Account in Magpie Securities Limited (the Company) and make a one-off initial deposit of at least HKD $30,000 or the below amount of each currency during the promotional period, as long as the cash balance in clients’ securities account reaches HKD $30,000 or the below amount of “Cash balance threshold to get interest”, all cash balance within ‘Maximum interest-earning cash balance’ is entitled to the interest rate of 1.5% P.A..
|Cash balance threshold to get interest||$30,000||$4,000||$5,500||$5,000||$3,500||$5,500|
|Annual interest rate||1.5%||1.5%||1.5%||1.5%||1.5%||1.5%|
|Maximum interest-earning cash balance||$1,000,000||$125,000||$175,000||$162,500||$100,000||$175,000|
2. Cash balance refers to the idle cash balance in the clients' securities account, excluding the securities value.
3. This offer is only applicable to HKD, USD, AUD, CAD, GBP and SGD.
3.1 Interest will be calculated separately for each of the above currencies, examples are as follows:
- HKD30,000 cash balance can enjoy 1.5% annual interest rate, i.e. around HKD450 interest per year (HKD 30,000 x 1.5%)
- GBP5,000 cash balance can enjoy 1.5% annual interest rate, i.e. around GBP75 per year (GBP5,000 x 1.5%)
- AUD3,000 cash balance does not reach the “Cash balance threshold to get interest”, will not receive any interest
3.2 Clients can deposit different currencies and there is a “Maximum interest-earning cash balance” for each currency. Please refer to the table above for more details.
3.3 If clients buy stocks, the cash balance shown in client’s securities account will be deducted on that day, but due to different settlement time of different exchanges, the interest will still be accrued on the un-deducted balance on that day, until relevant transactions are officially settled. Likewise, if clients sell stocks, the interest will be accrued on the un-deposited balance on that day, until the transactions is officially settled.
4. All interest will be accrued daily and deposited into client's securities account on the last trading day (HK stock market) of each month.
5. The Company has absolute discretion to adjust the “Cash balance threshold to get interest”, “Maximum interest-earning cash balance” and annual interest rate offered in response to market conditions and interest rate fluctuations without further notice to clients.
HKD $200 Wellcome voucher
1. New clients who fulfill the above specified conditions and complete stock trading transactions (regardless of buy or sell) with a total accumulated trading volume not less than HK$2,500 or its equivalent on or before 30 November 2022 will be regarded as “Eligible Client” and will receive HKD $200 Wellcome voucher.
2. No matter which currencies are used for stock trading, the Company will calculate whether the HKD $2,500 trading volume has been achieved according to the reference exchange rate of that trading day.
3. The Company will send out an email for reward entitlement within 14 business days after an Eligible Client has fulfilled the above specified trading conditions (accumulated HKD $2,500 trading volume), together with the ‘Welcome Offer Redemption Form’ for the confirmation of personal information and correspondence address for receiving Wellcome voucher.
4. The Eligible Client shall fill out the ‘Welcome Offer Redemption Form’ online within 10 business days after the Company having sent out the email. Otherwise, the Company will use the ‘Current Residential & Correspondence Address’ of the Eligible Client as the delivery address of Wellcome voucher.
5. The Wellcome voucher will be sent out within 10 business days after the Company has received the filled ‘Welcome Offer Redemption Form’. If no email reply received within 10 business days, the Company will send out Wellcome vouchers within 24 business days after having had sent the reward entitlement email.
6. The delivery will be based on the information provided by Eligible Clients. The Company will not be responsible for any errors or omissions that lead to the failed delivery, return or loss.
7. The Terms and Conditions of the voucher usage is subject to Wellcome supermarket or their suppliers. It’s not returnable, exchangeable for other gifts, or exchangeable for cash. Magpie will not reissue or replace and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or defacement.
8. Magpie Securities is not a supplier of Wellcome supermarket. If clients have any inquiries or complaints about the voucher, please contact Wellcome supermarket or their suppliers directly. Magpie Securities does not guarantee the quality of voucher and services provided by Wellcome supermarket or their suppliers, nor is responsible for any consequences by using the voucher.
Other Terms and Conditions
- This activity is limited to clients in Hong Kong who must be 18 years old or above.
- New clients refer to those who have not opened any trading account in Magpie Securities before 5 September 2022.
- If there is any conflict or discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions, the English version shall prevail.
- To receive the offers, the requirements listed above must be fulfilled within the promotional period. For more details, please contact Magpie Securities Customer Service Department via ‘Chat with us’ in the Magpie Invest APP or through hotline: (852) 3588 0489.
- The Company reserves the right to change, suspend or terminate the above promotional offers and terms and conditions at any time without prior notice to the Client. All are subject to the Company's absolute discretion and interpretation.
- This promotional offer does not constitute any offer, solicitation, recommendation, advice or any assurance of any securities or financial products. The content of this promotion is provided by the Company, which has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission.